Thursday, February 14, 2013

Will you be my Valentine?

This is the first year that Zoe has classmates. And though sending her to school was a small heartbreak and a major adjustment, things are going fantastic! She loves yoga, ballet and gym classes not to mention music and rhythm hour, but most of all her Korean-speaking skills are, let's just say, soon to exceed both mine and Mike's. To say that I'm proud of her is an understatement. She started young when Mike went back to work and I worried, actually, I agonized over it but now she doesn't barely give me a second look before she runs off.

The perks of having a community of her very own peers has far outweighed any downfalls. And the experiences have been overwhelmingly priceless like her very first Christmas show. And now, her first Valentine's Day...


I wanted to do something different for the kids and decided on candy necklaces because it combines the very grown-up idea of gifting jewelry and Valentine's Day.


I get ahead of myself and daydream about the days she'll have an actual Valentine. It makes me a bit excited for her and a bit worried at the same time. Let me just reel myself back into present time and calm down a bit. She's just two-going-on-three after all. For now, I can enjoy these simple moments...


...sprinkling rice krispy treats in her pajamas (when she should be in bed)...


...a heart-shaped treat for dad...


...and a rhombus for mom. (Thanks to Team Umi Zoomi she actually said rhombus.)


...and decorating her first home-made Valentine's Day card.


It's been a fun-filled week of Valentine's Day crafting starting with these mailboxes and all that's left to do is indulge in the candy and lots and lots of love this Love Day 2013.

See what we did Love Day 2012. What are your Valentine's Day 
Plans?

p.s. I'm linked up here.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. And she is such a cutie!!
    ...especially in the photo that was taken, when she should be in bed. :) So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting cuter every day and her hair is so long now! Enjoy these moments with her before you have #2!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments and connecting so leave a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...